Our friend and customer, Robert Susi, provided this delicious recipe for our #12DaysOfCookies. Check out the recipe after the jump!
White Chocolate Chip Hanukkah Cookie Sandwiches [makes 24 cookies, 12 Sandwiches]
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in the hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts (nuts optional). Place large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned. Remove the cookies from the oven, and let cool for about 10 to 15 minutes. You need the cookies to be cool before you apply the frosting. As the cookies bake/cool, you can prepare the frosting and sprinkles.
1-2 cans of white frosting (varies depending on your sweet tooth)
Blue food coloring
Blue and White Sprinkles (optional)
1. Put white frosting into a bowl. Start by adding a few drops of blue food coloring and stir. This will allow you to arrive at the color blue that you desire for your cookie sandwiches. Remember, you can always add more food coloring, but you cannot take any out. Add less to begin with, you can always add more.
2. Once the cookies are cool, take a spoonful of frosting and spread it on the bottom side of one cookie. Take a second cookie and press the bottom against the frosting.
3. Once you have your sandwiches prepared, place the sprinkles around the edges of the sandwich.
4. Enjoy your beautiful Hanukkah cookie sandwiches!