Here’s how to celebrate your Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is one of the most polarizing Hallmark holidays. Are you head over heels for someone special and ready to splurge on every indulgence for them? Or maybe you’re in more of a ‘meh’ headspace about love and looking to spend the day with friends and laughter? It’s also possible that you just don’t care at all but are up for treating yourself to something delicious.
In any case, let’s talk Champagne.
Champagne need not be relegated to holidays and special occasions as it is possibly one of the most versatile wines to enjoy with food. Few things are more delicious than a bottle of Moët & Chandon Impérial Brut Rosé paired with a chef’s tasting menu by candlelight. Would you imagine that the same bottle is equally as slamming with a giant bowl of buttery, salted popcorn? It is, I assure you.
Whether you want to find the perfect combination of Valentine’s Day gifts (complete with bubbles and flowers) or order something to crack on the couch with your best friends, here are great options for you!
Champagne Pairings for Romance
- Luxurious Valentine’s Two Dozen Rose Bouquet, ‘Pink Flash’ Spray Rose Bunch, Cheerful Gerbera Daisy Bouquet, Hot Pink, Red Romance Hypericum Berry Bunch (Dom Pérignon, Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
- Dark Chocolate-Covered Strawberries, Chocolate Soufflé, White Chocolate, Sea Salted Chocolate (Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
- Rose Macaron with Raspberry Buttercream, Hearts Cupcakes, Red Velvet Cake, Raspberry Tart (Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
Champagne Pairings for Cooking at Home:
- Aged Gouda, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Manchego (Dom Pérignon, Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
- Oysters (Dom Pérignon)
- Crab Cakes (Dom Pérignon, Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
- Lemon-Stuffed Roasted Chicken (Dom Pérignon)
- Wild Mushroom Risotto (Dom Pérignon, Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
- Pancetta-Wrapped Pork Loin (Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
- Roasted Lamb Chops (Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
Irreverent Champagne Pairings for Fun with Friends:
- Buttered popcorn and movies (Dom Pérignon, Moët & Chandon Rosé NV)
- Cheese and charcuterie with Cards Against Humanity (Veuve Clicquot Rosé NV)
- Deep and meaningful conversation paired with heartfelt affirmation (Dom Pérignon)
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day?
Alexis started her restaurant career in 2000 on the hot and smoky side of the stainless steel divide, as a line cook, at Manhattan’s Gramercy Tavern. She has held New York sommelier positions at L’Atelier in The Ritz-Carlton, Central Park South, Alto and The Modern. She also spent 4 years in Melbourne, Australia, as Head Sommelier at the acclaimed, Circa The Prince. She was named one of Australia’s leading sommeliers in Gourmet Traveller Wine Magazine’s 2008 “Best of the Best” edition. Brock has been a Moët Hennessy Portfolio Specialist in Manhattan for the last 3 years and loves nothing more than introducing people to new ways to enjoy Champagne.
Wines and spirits sold by our partners, FreshDirect Wines and Spirits.