Are you excited for the big game on Sunday? Judging from all of your posts, tweets and mentions on our Facebook page, you’re ready to nosh on some tasty comfort food (corn chowder, pulled pork sandwiches, pizza) as well as dive into some classic party foods (salsa and chips; veggies and dip; cheese and crackers).
We asked our fans for their healthier Super Bowl tips and you did not disappoint! From Eggplant Fries to Parmesan Popcorn, our customers have the best ideas!
MaryAnn Jones, from Manhasset, Long Island, NY says, for her, “The keys to Thriving during a snack-a-licious party are balance & control.” She likes to eat a satisfying snack like a handful of almonds or walnuts before the big game.
For the game itself, MaryAnn likes to roast almonds, sprinkled with her favorite spices. She also likes to pop popcorn and add handfuls of Parmesan cheese to it. We love that MaryAnn’s ideas are so quick and easy to make!
For customer Amie Valpone, from New York, NY, Super Bowl Sunday means getting creative with vegetables. She shares these Simple Super Bowl snack ideas:
- Eggplant Fries (Sliced Eggplant sprinkled with olive oil, flax seeds, baked at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes)
- Mini Veggie Tacos (Corn tortillas filled with veggies of choice, salsa and guacamole)
- Creamy Squash Guacamole (Yellow squash, grape tomatoes, cilantro and avocado mashed together)
- Grilled Coriander Shrimp (Shrimp tossed with olive oil, cilantro, coriander; grilled)
- Spicy Zucchini Cole Slaw (Shredded cabbage mixed with zucchini, onions, carrots, chili powder, sea salt and pepper)
- Grilled Tofu Bites on Skewers (1 block of extra firm tofu, marinated and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, placed onto skewers with veggies; grilled)
- White Bean Pecan Dip (White beans, olive oil, fresh basil and pecans pureed in a food processor)
For even more ideas, check out our Super Bowl inspiration board on Pinterest!