Looking for the perfect gift for the foodies in your life? From local baked goods and flowers to gift basket ideas, we have specialty items to please anyone’s taste buds.
We’ve put together our Gift Giving Central on the FreshDirect website to help you find gifts for your loved ones, including white truffle honey, classic fruit stollen, and fresh flowers. Here are some other ideas to help you start crossing names off your to-do list.
Make Your Own Gift Basket:
With a decorative tray, box, or basket and some colorful ribbon, you can make your own gift baskets with FreshDirect products. They’re thoughtful, they’re easy, they’re tasty! The best part is: you can be sure your gift will be happily consumed!
- Breakfast Kit: Grady’s Cold Brew or local coffee beans, granola, banana bread, Sarabeth’s scones, Sarabeth’s 6-pack of jams, tea
- Italian: olio novello (first-pressed olive oil of the season!), balsamic vinegar, parmigiano, ciabatta
- Pickle Your Fancy: Rick’s Picks pickled beans, picholine olives, McClure’s pickles, Sir Kensinton mayo, black olive loaf
- Fancy Pants: caviar, D’Artagnan pâté mousse, truffles, raisin pumpernickel bread
- Cheese to Please: Stiles Apiaries natural comb honey, Mitica fig almond cake, crispbread, Vermont Creamery Bonne Bouche, Ewephoria Gouda, Stilton
- S’more Kit: Asher’s almond bark, marshmallows or dark chocolate mallos, FreshDirect bakery-fresh graham crackers
- Always Be Cocktailing: Enclose a copy of our recipe (see the bottom of the post) from our Wines & Spirits Merchant, Rodolphe, along with bourbon, applejack, cara cara oranges, limes, and grenadine.
Tie a Bow on It/Put It in a Bag:
Sometimes it’s as easy as that. These gifts are so good, they speak for themselves.
- Seasonal beer: Brooklyn Brewery Pumpkin Ale, Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale, Sam Adams Winter Lager, Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale, Hitachino Nest Beer White Ale
- Easy Wine: reds under $20, whites under $20, sparkling wines under $20
- DIY Limoncello: Make a limoncello out of lemons and vodka. (Note: You can also make a lemon extract with the same ingredients for the bakers on your list!)
- Take a chocolate bar and wrap it in scrapbook paper for a festive touch.
- Satsumas or citrus
- Nuts or dried fruit
- Kind or chia bars
- Body lotion
- Lip balm
A recipe for your cocktail basket!
Always Be Cocktailing
- 1½ oz. bourbon
- 1½ oz. applejack
- ½ oz. cara cara orange juice
- ½ oz. lime juice
- Dash of grenadine
- Garnish with a marshmallow on a cinnamon stick