Where others see city rooftops, Gotham Greens see fields. That’s why they built a 15,000 square-foot greenhouse on a Brooklyn rooftop. All of their produce is pesticide free and grown using ecologically sustainable methods. The result? Delicious locally grown greens all year-round. So we’re celebrating spring and the milder climes it brings by rustling up a citrus salad and a grapefruit-basil gin fizz using Gotham Greens.
Citrus Salad with Roasted Fennel
This refreshing side salad is full of life and zest. Inspired by a recipe from our friends at Food52, it combines winter citrus with the liveliness of spring fennel and basil.
Total Recipe Time: 10 minutes
(Serves 4 as a side dish)
What You’ll Need:
1 fennel bulb (rinse and roughly chop the reserved fronds)
Extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 navel orange
1 minneola tangelo
10-12 fresh Gotham Greens basil leaves, rinsed and roughly chopped
What to Do:
1. Slice the fennel into ¼-inch slices, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the peel and pith from the grapefruit, navel orange, and minneola orange and slice into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
3. Add the fennel and citrus rounds to a medium-sized bowl.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the salad.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish with Gotham basil leaves and reserved fennel fronds.
Grapefruit-Basil Gin Fizz
Raise a glass to springtime with this refreshing cocktail recipe from Rachael Ray.
What to Do:
Muddle the basil in the bottom of a tall glass. Add ice, grapefruit juice, gin and tonic. Stir, then garnish with basil sprig. Cheers!