Looking for a new way to switch up your marinade game this summer? Read about how you can sweeten up any delicious sirloin with a Pepsi marinade after the jump!
There’s nothing like cooking up a juicy, full-flavored marinated steak on the grill on a hot summer’s day. But using the same flavoring can get old quick. So look no further than our Pepsi-marinated New York strip steak recipe. Not only does it successfully combine spicy and sweet, it also tastes great paired with sides like our earthy Sides in a Snap roasted brussels sprouts, potato salad, or even grilled pineapple. We recommend pairing the marinade with our New York strip steak (sold on or off the bone), but if that’s not your favorite you can also substitute with flank, skirt, or sirloin steak.
What You’ll Need
12 oz. Pepsi
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup soy sauce
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. sriracha (optional)
2 lbs. New York Strip Steak (substitute with flank, skirt, or sirloin steak)
What to Do:
1. Combine all of the ingredients, except for the steak, in a blender and blend on high until thoroughly combined.
2. Add the steak and the marinade to a zip top bag and allow the meat to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Remove the steak from the marinade.
5. Grill the steak over medium-high heat until desired doneness.
6. Slice and serve with roasted Brussels sprouts and potato salad. Enjoy!