FreshDirect is proud to announce a new charitable partnership with New York Common Pantry (NYCP). We encourage you to join us in addressing food insecurity by contributing to an organization that is at the forefront of ensuring that all New Yorkers have access to quality food and services.
To help, you can select a donation in the dollar amount of your choice and add it to your cart with your FreshDirect order. Donations will go toward the following services:
- $1.26: One complete, nutritious Choice Pantry meal for a neighbor in need.
- $5: Four pantry meals for a neighbor in need.
- $10: $40 worth of rescued food for NYCP to distribute.
- $20: One week’s worth of fresh produce for 10 families in need.
About New York Common Pantry:
Since 1980, NYCP has worked to reduce hunger by distributing food to neighbors in need. In 2019 alone, they distributed 6,460,000+ meals to New Yorkers. Currently, their programs encompass a broad spectrum of support services, including:
- Choice Pantry: Distributes nutritious, fresh food pantry packages to individuals and families.
- Hot Meals: Serving hearty, balanced breakfasts and dinners.
- Nourish: Provides supplemental food to seniors aged 60+.
- Help 365: Connects Pantry guests to case management services and benefits.
- Project Dignity: Gives homeless visitors access to resources and hygiene amenities.
- Live Healthy!: Teaches children and adults the importance of a nutrition and active living.
Food insecurity remains a serious issue in New York—an estimated 1.4 million people in this city currently rely on emergency food programs. FreshDirect is committed to helping NYCP in its efforts to foster food equality and promote dignity and self-sufficiency for those who need it most.