This veggie-friendly sloppy joe recipe starts with Amy’s veggie burgers, with a luscious, gooey mac and cheese topper.
What You’ll Need (Get the Ingredients Here):
- 3 Amy’s California Veggie Burgers
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 packages Amy’s Mac & Cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
What to Do:
- In a medium-large skillet, cook the veggie burgers according to the instructions on the box. Keeping them in the pan, break up the cooked patties with a wooden spoon.
- Add the green pepper and onion and continue to cook over medium heat for an additional 5 minutes–until the veggie burger bits are nice and crispy and the veggies are soft.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, BBQ sauce, mustard, garlic powder, and chili powder to the skillet. Cook down the sauce for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare Amy’s Mac & Cheese according to instructions on box.
- Line up your hamburger buns and place a large scoop of the Sloppy mix onto the bun, followed by a scoop of mac & cheese. Top with the other bun and revel in sloppy, cheesy goodness.
This recipe published in partnership with Amy’s.