Take dinner up a notch with this colorful recipe starring Love the Wild.
Love the Wild’s founder, Jacqueline Claudia, fell in love with aquaculture and its potential to feed the world while improving the health of individuals and the Earth. She joined forces with fellow fish lover, Christy Brouker, to launch Love The Wild in 2014 and take the fear and intimidation out of cooking great farmed fish. Love the Wild handpicks partner farms with strict standards of sustainability–you’ll even find the name of the farmer right on the back of each box!
Often called Asian Seabass, Barramundi has a meaty texture, mild flavor, and contains the most Omega-3s out of any common whitefish. Love the Wild works with a farmer named Josh, whose open-ocean Barramundi farm in Vietnam is the first and only to earn Monterey Bay Seafood Watch’s “Best Choice” rating. Paired with mango sriracha chutney for sweet and spicy flavor, this bowl goes to the next level with the add of quick and easy chili lime slaw.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Love The Wild Barramundi with Mango Sriracha Chutney
- 1/3 C cooked white rice
- 2 Tbsp cooked corn kernels
- ¼ C fresh mango cubes
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ C Chili Lime Slaw (recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- Lime wedge (optional)
What to Do:
- Cook Barramundi according to package directions.
- In a bowl, mix together cooked rice and corn. Arrange the fish, mango, avocado, and slaw on top of the rice.
- Garnish with green onions and a lime wedge.
Chili Lime Slaw
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ C Purple Cabbage, chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together first eight ingredients (vinegar through salt). Toss in cabbage and mix until thoroughly coated.
This blog post was published in partnership with Love the Wild.