It’s a proven scientific fact that everybody loves pizza. And just because it’s Passover, that doesn’t mean you should go without. Try cooking up a Passover pizza using matzo as the base. It’s a festive and delicious snack that both kids and adults will love.
Before we get going, here’s a useful tip: Take care not to over-sauce the matzo. Being too generous with the sauce will result in a soggy mess. We recommend laying down a “structural” layer of melted cheese on the matzo before applying the sauce and toppings. This will form a moisture barrier — as well as having the added bonus of more cheese!
What You’ll Need:
Orange and grapefruit slices
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Start building your pizzas:
- Tart and sweet: mascarpone, orange and grapefruit segments, and balsamic vinegar
- Greek-style: feta cheese, Greek olives, cucumber, and tomatoes
- Buffalo chicken: hot sauce and rotisserie chicken, spinach, and red onions
- Classic: tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil
3. Bake for 6-7 minutes.
4. Depending on your pizza, top with fresh basil (classic version) or balsamic vinegar (tart and sweet).
5. Serve and enjoy!