I love Autumn. The leaves turn from green to brilliant shades of yellow, red and orange. The weather is cooler. And I can happily turn on the oven to make hearty dishes my family will enjoy.
Usually I like to keep dinner dishes simple and just roast chicken along with root vegetables (like potatoes, butternut squashes, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.) in the oven. It’s so easy to toss the chopped vegetables with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and a few herbs (rosemary, Herbes de Provence, and oregano are some of my favorites) and then roast them in the oven.
Here are 5 more easy Fall Recipes that showcase Autumn’s wonderful seasonal ingredients:
- Roasted Chicken and Butternut Soup from “Everyday Food® magazine”
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Golden Raisins from “Real Simple® magazine”
- Cauliflower Gratin from “A Return to Cooking” by Eric Ripert and Michael Ruhlman
- Stuffed Acorn Squash with Shiitakes and Vegetables from “Passionate Vegetarian”
- Easy Apple & Quince Fool from “FreshDirect Recipes”
Not only do seasonal produce taste better, but they are affordable too. Check out this week’s President’s Picks for many of these Fall ingredients on sale!