In the short days of Winter, I crave as much sunshine as I can get. For me, I love bringing the sunshine indoors with bright and cheerful citrus fruit.
Not only do citrus fruits make for easy and beautiful centerpieces, they are also healthy, tasty snacks filled with vitamins.
For variety, I like trying new fruits like red pomelo, finger limes, and Cara Cara oranges. The blood orange season is so short that I make sure to have as many of them as possible. And citrus fruits like lemons, limes, and oranges easily add zest to salads and other dishes. Need inspiration? Check out these recipes:
- Citrus Mule from “Everyday Food® magazine”
- Avocado and Grapefruit Salad with Lime-Jalapeno Vinaigrette from “The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook” by Susanna Hoffman and Victoria Wise
- Lemon and Pine Nut Tagliatelle from “Italian Farmhouse Cookbook” by Susan Hermann Loomis
- Citrus Salmon with Watercress Salad from “Real Simple® magazine”
- Citrus Chicken Steamed with Snow Peas from “Monday-to-Friday Chicken” by Michèle Urvater