This hearty baked dish has a secret ingredient: soup!
Your new favorite lasagna dish starts with Amy’s. Swap red sauce for creamy butternut squash soup for a flavorful dish the whole family will love.
What You’ll Need (Get the Ingredients Here):
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 1 lb butternut squash, chopped into large pieces
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (3 tbsp for roasting the squash and 1 tbsp for cooking the onion for the ricotta and greens mixture)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 can Amy’s Butternut Squash Soup
- 1½ cups heavy cream (½ cup for the butternut squash purée, and 1 cup for the ricotta and greens mixture)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 5 oz bag mixed sautéing greens
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp Italian herb blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Salt and pepper
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 400℉ and coat the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole dish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to instructions on package and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss butternut squash pieces with olive oil, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg, and stir well to coat. Turn squash out onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the squash is golden brown on the edges and very soft in the center. Set squash aside to cool.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté the chopped onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until they are translucent. Add the mixed greens and garlic powder and continue to cook until the greens are soft. Add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, 1 cup of heavy cream and the ricotta cheese to the pan. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients and set aside.
- In a small food processor, combine the Amy’s Butternut Squash Soup, the roasted butternut squash pieces and ½ cup of heavy cream. Season again with salt and pepper then process the mixture until it’s very smooth.
- Pour ⅓ of the squash purée into the lasagna pan to cover the bottom then top with a layer of lasagna noodles. On top of that layer, add ½ of the ricotta and greens mixture then top with a handful of the Italian cheese blend. Top with one more layer of lasagna noodles then repeat the process for another set of layers. Top with the remaining lasagna noodles and the last ⅓ of the butternut squash purée and a final handful of the shredded cheese.
- Cover lasagna with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the top of the lasagna is golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before enjoying!
This recipe was published in partnership with Amy’s.