Growing in popularity for a few years, cider is now everywhere. So, it’s time to hop on the beer and cider mix bandwagon by sweetening up your party’s beverage selection. Offering your guests a beer and cider cocktail—or a B & C—is a great way to elevate the party and give guests a fresher option. Plus, it’s super simple to make! Find some cocktail suggestions after the jump.
In our B & C cocktail we used two of our favorites for mixing, Magner’s Original Hard Cider and Brooklyn Brewery Lager. But remember, the possibilities are endless! If you have a preferred brand, go ahead and try using it in your own B & C!
Here are some suggestions to liven things up:
- Garnish with an apple slice to add some extra apple flavor—plus, you get a bit of a crunch!
- Garnish with an orange slice (Blue Moon lovers, this is for you!), and feel free to squeeze some fresh orange juice right into your glass to give it a pop of fresh citrus flavoring.
- Add in some of your favorite fruit and muddle them up a bit at the bottom of your glass. The fruit flavor will be infused throughout the cocktail, making it sweeter and more vibrant.
- Give it a bit of a “Shandy” flavor by pouring in a little lemonade. Or, if you are a serious shandy-lover, try this trifecta: one third beer, one third hard cider, one third lemonade.
- Try the old English recipe for a “Snakebite” by adding one part dark beer (like Guinness), one part hard cider, and a splash of black currant juice.
- Try adding one shot of whiskey to one parts beer and one parts cider. The combo is surprisingly harmonious.
- For those who enjoy sour and bitter flavors, try mixing your hard cider with this year’s trending beverage: sour beer.
Let us know how you made yours on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook @freshdirect.