OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1) Sweepstakes Timing: The FreshDirect Candycot Facebook Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 13, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 13, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents, who are 18 years of age or older and who reside in the FreshDirect delivery area in the states of NY, NJ, CT, PA and DE as of the date of entry. Employees of FreshDirect, LLC (the “Sponsor”), its officers, directors, members, shareholders and advertising and promotional agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, and the immediate family members and people living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void outside NY, NJ, CT, PA, DE and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
3) How To Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may access the Sweepstakes by visiting the FreshDirect Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/FreshDirect and clicking that you “Like” the page (if you haven’t done so already). Once you like the page, look for the Candycots Fruit Sweepstakes Post and “like” the post to receive one entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). Limit one entry per person, per e-mail address. All eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 13, 2014, to be eligible for the random drawing. If you do not have a Facebook account, you may create one for free at www.facebook.comUse of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
4) Random Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 14, 2014 from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Prize will be awarded, and the winner will be notified by Facebook/e-mail.
5) Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): One (1) Grand Prize: A box of Stone Fruit (ARV: $50). No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by Winner. Prize will be awarded via FreshDirect delivery. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value.
6) General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Potential winner may be required to complete and return an address confirmation form within seven (7) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Return of prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the Entry. Proof of entering information does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the Internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that the Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, retailers, and advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, if applicable, or participation in the Sweepstakes or in any related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
7) Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, NY. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Giveaway and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
8) Winner: For the name of the winner, available after 6/20/2014 for a period of at least 30 days, visit blog.freshdirect.com
9) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is FreshDirect, LLC, 23-30 Borden Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the manner described herein in the event you are selected as a winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from the Sponsor.
WINNER: Katie Conneally