Putting together a quick salad is easy with Earthbound salad blends. I usually place a couple of containers in my order (especially when they’re on sale!).
So when our friends over at Earthbound Farm suggested that I can make meals beyond my basic salad, I was intrigued. Here are three recipes that are just as easy to make:
Power Greens Pizza with Goat Cheese
1 12-inch whole wheat pizza crust
1/2 cup Organic low-sodium tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Power Greens
1 1/2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
1. Preheat the oven according to the pizza crust manufacturer’s directions.
2. Spread sauce evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle pizza with mozzarella cheese.
3. Top with Power Greens (or whichever greens you choose) and crumbled goat cheese. Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly, 12-15 minutes.
4. While the pizza bakes, toss the rest of the hearty Earthbound Farm Organic greens together with your favorite ingredients to make a salad. Slice and serve the pizza with salad on the side. Enjoy!
Roasted Winter Squash and Baby Kale Salad
1 1/2 pounds winter squash (peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon honey
4 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Kale
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/3 cup Sicilian Vinaigrette
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 oz)
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts or pecans
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
2. Toss the cubes of squash with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the squash to the prepared pan and arrange in a single layer so the pieces don’t touch. Roast for 10 minutes, then turn the squash pieces and continue baking until the squash is tender and slightly caramelized. Drizzle with the honey and let cool.
3. Place the baby kale, half of the parsley and half of the mint in a large bowl. Add some of the Sicilian Vinaigrette, tossing to coat the greens.
4. Transfer the greens to a large platter or shallow bowl. Sprinkle the squash, feta, cranberries, nuts and the remaining herbs over the greens. Drizzle with more of the dressing to taste and serve immediately.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
2 large carrots (cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices)
4 large cloves garlic (finely minced)
pinch red pepper flakes
8 cups Good-quality vegetable or chicken broth
1 15-oz can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
3/4 cup fusilli (uncooked)
5 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Zen Blend
2 28-oz cans diced tomatoes (about 3 cups)
1 large zucchini (cut into 1/2-inch dice)
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots, and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
2. Add the broth, raise the heat to high and bring the soup to the start of a simmer. Add the beans, pasta, Zen Blend, tomatoes, zucchini, bay leaf and oregano. Simmer, uncovered, until the pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes (adjust the heat as needed to maintain a simmer).
3. Stir in the basil and season the soup with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Ladle the soup into individual bowls and sprinkle each serving with some of the Parmesan cheese. Serve piping hot.