To help ring in 2013 with a splash, I decided to try some new bubbly cocktails that were low on prep time but big on flavor. These three sparklers are delicious, exciting, and a unique way to countdown to the New Year.
1) Blood Orange Champagne Cocktail
Makes one cocktail:
* This is a drink that lends itself nicely to a punch bowl. It is easy enough to put the 14 ounces of sorbet in a punch bowl with a bottle of champagne.
- 1/2 oz green tea (either cold brewed or pre-made)
- 1 oz Pom Juice
- Top the glass with chilled Brut Cava
- Add blackberries for garnish
- Juice of 1/2 pink lemon (per glass)
- 1 Sugar cube (per glass)
- Top of with Rose Champagne
- Pink Lemon wheel for garnish
All the above recipes can also be made with a dry Prosecco or Brut Cava.
To cut the prep time for these cocktails in half, you can create a cocktail bar! Place the ingredients out on a table with recipe suggestions, and allow your guests to create their own. Having this DIY element can help you spend less time in the kitchen and enjoy the party. However you celebrate, just don’t miss the countdown. 5…4…3…2…1!
Salute and Happy New Year!