It’s late, you’re tired, and the last thing you want to do is spend time in the kitchen. There’s just one problem? You’re really hungry.
Have no fear, FreshDirect staffers have been in your very situation, many-a-times. And being a sharing bunch, we’ve pulled together some of our favorite easy week night dinner tips, for when you just want to eat something good, tasty, and in the nick of time. Grab your spatula and get ready to outpace your timer.
- Antipasti platter: Pour extra virgin olive oil on a plate, add seasoning into the olive oil; grab bread for dipping and slices of deli meats like salami, pepperoni and cheeses like mozzarella and cheddar (Audrey)
- Thin sliced chicken, minute rice, and peppers: Just throw the chicken and peppers in at the same time and put a little lemon juice over it. All in all the meal takes about 15-20 minutes to cook (Brett)
- FreshDirect Rotisserie Chicken with FreshDirect Green Salad and a FreshDirect Baguette (Gwen)
- Toss a bunch of vegetables (tomatoes, green beans, onions, carrots, etc) into a huge pot with some curry and turmeric to make a “Moroccan” style stew (Connor)
- Pour BBQ sauce on chicken wings in one pan and Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper in another pan and bake for 45-minutes. Line both pans with tin foil and it makes for a no mess meal (Cindy)
- Throw a pot of water on to boil, add pasta; in a pan put some garlic, tomatoes, and white wine (sometimes even leftover chicken or spinach) on to simmer, throw the pasta in the sauce with fresh mozzarella (Amanda)
- Heat Morningstar farms ground soy crumbles and chopped red and yellow peppers in a skillet with some cheese to make a vegetarian burrito. Warm the tortilla while you make the vegetables and plop everything in, add some hot sauce and it’s an easy 10 minute meal! (Alicia)
A little ingenuity, some leftovers, and a few key ingredients can go a long way. After all, isn’t necessity the mother of all invention?