I scream…you scream…we all scream for ice cream!
There’s nothing that screams summer more to me than ice cream! Sweet, creamy, and cold – name a flavor and chances are I’ve tried it!
A fun and easy ice cream dessert that brings me back to childhood is DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches. When I have friends or family over for dinner, I like to set up a whole DIY Ice Cream Sandwich buffet. All it takes is a few pints of your favorite ice cream flavors along with plates filled with cookies.
Here are some ideas for fun flavor combinations:
- Cookie: Chocolate Chip
- Ice Cream filling: Since chocolate chip cookies are such a classic, your filling can go traditional with a vanilla (love the Ronnybrook Hudson Valley Vanilla ice cream) or chocolate ice cream (try the sinfully decadent SoCo Creamery’s Dirty Chocolate).
- Cookie: Double Chocolate Chunk
- Ice Cream filling: With rich chocolate cookies, I love contrasting flavors with either a refreshing mint chocolate chip ice cream (like Adirondack Creamery’s Whiteface Mint Chip) or a tasty coffee ice cream (like SoCo Creamery’s Espresso Cookie)
- Cookie: Oatmeal Raisin
- Ice Cream filling: I love the comforting flavor of oatmeal raisin cookies and pairing them with warm flavors like caramel (try Adirondack Creamery’s Barkeater flavor) or ginger (like SoCo Creamery’s Ginger).
- Cookie: Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Coconut
- Ice Cream filling: With a cookie so rich in ingredients, it needs only a simple vanilla (like Haagen-Dazs Five Vanilla Bean ice cream) or chocolate ice cream (like Ronnybrook Sid’s Chocolate Silk ice cream) to complement it.
- Cookie: Graham Crackers
- Ice Cream filling: Almost anything goes with graham crackers, so I like to brighten up the ice cream sandwich buffet by offering fruitier options like SoCo Creamery’s Mission Fig or Ciao Bella’s Blood Orange sorbet. For the more adventurous guests, an exotic flavor like Adirondack’s Kulfi Pistachio Cardamom ice cream would be a hit!