It’s the New Year! What’s your resolution? Are you striving to be healthier? Want to cook more at home? Or just want to try something new?
The easiest way to achieve these resolutions is to make small changes. I make sure there’s tons of colorful fruits and vegetables in my delivery. I replace refined grains with whole grains where possible. Instead of frying foods, I use Panko crumbs and bake them on high heat in the oven. Finally, I try to order at least one new-to-me item (fruit, vegetable, or grain) to try.
To help us keep our resolutions, we have also compiled a special Resolution Recipes section on our site. These recipes include lean cuts of meat (like skinless chicken), seafood, fresh produce and/or fat sources originating in vegetables and nuts.
There are over 300 recipes in the Resolution Recipes section so there is plenty of inspiration to help you out in the kitchen! Here are 5 quick, easy, and healthy recipes to get you started!
- White Bean, Red Onion and Tomato Salad from “The American Cancer Society’s Healthy Eating Cookbook” by The American Cancer Society
- Citrus Chicken Steamed with Snow Peas from “Monday-to-Friday Chicken” by Michèle Urvater
- Pasta a la Chinoise from “Passionate Vegetarian” by Crescent Dragonwagon
- Sesame Chicken Salad from “Real Simple® magazine”
- Poached Salmon with Mango Salsa from “The Great American Eat-Right Cookbook” by Colleen Doyle and Jeanne Besser