When you come to think about it, outside of the turkey, Thanksgiving can be very vegetarian-friendly.
From appetizers to soups to (my favorite) the sides, there’s plenty for your vegetarian guests to enjoy.
When I get together with my friends and family for Thanksgiving, I also make sure that there’s a vegetarian main option. Instead of turkey, you can go the Tofurky route. I tend to make a vegetarian lasagna because it’s hearty and filled with seasonal vegetables. Two recipes I enjoy are this Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash lasagna recipe and this Artichoke and Eggplant lasagna recipe.
For the appetizers and soups, I like these 5 vegetable-focused Recipes:
- Cranberry and Pear Relish from “Big Sky Cooking”
- Leek Bruschetta from “Passionate Vegetarian”
- Baked Sweet Potato Soup from “Seasoned in the South”
- Pumpkin and Tomato Bisque from “Dairy Hollow House Soup & Bread Cookbook”
- Acorn Squash Soup from “The Well-Filled Microwave Cookbook”
When it comes to vegetarian Thanksgiving sides, the skies the limit! Here are 5 versatile vegetarian side-dish recipes:
- Leek and Apple Hash from “Anatomy of a Dish”
- Sweet Potato Puree with Maple from “Real Simple® magazine”
- Cracked Wheat Pilaf by Floyd Cardoz
- Three-Grain Salad with Cranberries and Grapefruit from “Passionate Vegetarian”
- Cauliflower Gratin by Eric Ripert and Michael Ruhlman