Where will you be when the fireworks go up… and more importantly, what will you be eating?
Thankfully, Independence Day falls on July 4th every year, otherwise, we might have had to create a national summer picnic holiday instead.
While we stop to mark our nation’s birthday, we can also celebrate this moment when the real summer bounty begins to appear.
Fresh local herbs and greens make salads exciting. New crops of zucchini and berries add pizzazz to mealtime. And who can resist the lure of a crisp, sweet slice of watermelon?
We’ve gathered five delicious inspirations for your weekend festivities: enjoy picnic-ready salads, an easy grilling favorite and a classic chocolate indulgence for dessert.
- Easy Summer Potato Salad from “Recipes from Home”
- Summer Pasta with Mozzarella Cheese from “The Gardeners’ Community Cookbook”
- Watermelon and Feta Salad from “Big Sky Cooking”
- Pesto Grilled Chicken from “Recipes from Home”
- Raspberry Swirl Brownies from “Chocolate from the Cake Mix Dr.”