Technically, Cinco de Mayo is Mexico’s holiday (it’s the celebration of a victory over French occupiers at the “Battle of Puebla” in 1862), but early May really needs a good food holiday, and Mexican food is SO delicious, we’re willing to make up any excuse we need to get tacos to the table.
If you’re looking for a few great recipes to throw a little fiesta flair into su casa, mix yourself a drink, toast our southern neighbors and check out these five muy delicioso recipes plucked from our One-Click Recipes collection.
- Pulled Pork Tacos from “Real Simple magazine”
- Basic Beef Fajitas in Dipped Tortillas from “The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook”
- Grilled Baja-Style Fish Tacos from “The Great American Eat-Right Cookbook”
- Skirt Steak with Cotija Cheese and Two-Pepper Salsa from “Raichlen’s Indoor! Grilling”
- Almond Cinnamon Cookies from “Rosa’s New Mexican Table”